Information for presenters
Day/time of presentation are available on the conference program.
Poster presentations of papers
- Each day, a different selection of posters will be hung in specific spaces at the venue for the whole day. On the specific day of display of their poster, presenters are expected to be near their poster at least during the 2 coffee breaks: between 11.20 AM - 1 PM, and between 3.50 PM - 4.30 PM. Interactions around posters is also welcome during any time of that day.
- Poster craze:
- During the conference, "poster-craze" sessions will be organised during regular plenary sessions, between 10.50 AM - 11.20 AM: on the specific day of their poster presentation, each poster presenter will have exactly 1 minute and 1 single slide (time will be controlled by the session chair) to introduce their poster and "tease" the audience, inviting them to a more personal scientific discussion later around their poster. Presenters will not have the possibility to use their own device for showing their slide. Before September 24th, presenters must send their slide (in PDF format) to the conference organisers who will transfer it on the conference computer.
- Poster dimensions:
- The maximum dimensions of the poster should not exceed ISO A0 size: i.e., maximum height = 1189mm (46.81 inches) and maximum width = 841mm (33.11 inches). Posters can be hung either in Portrait or Landscape format.
- Poster stand assignment:
- Each poster presenter will be assigned to a particular stand. Put up your poster on the stand that displays your paper title.
- Sound examples should only be played through headphones. Presenters are expected to bring their own headphones and playing device. Loudspeakers will not be allowed.
- Electrical outlets:
- Electrical outlets will be available only at specific places in the room and on the side of only a few poster stands. Poster presenters planning on using laptop computers are therefore asked to inform the conference organisation with sufficient advance, and are advised to fully charge their computer before their session.
- Local poster printing:
- For those wishing to print their posters in Porto, there are a number of options indicated on this Google map. Make sure to check the feasibility and prices beforehand.
- Specific technical requirements should be asked to the conference organisation (via email) before September 24th 2012.
Oral presentations of papers
- Each paper has an allocation of 20 minutes for presentation, including Q&As and changeover to the next speaker. To promote interaction with the audience, we encourage authors to prepare a 15-minutes slideshow presentation. A chair-person will conduct the session and no time extension will be granted.
- Presentation devices:
- The room will be equipped with a video projector (VGA connector), an audio output (stereo minijack), and a microphone. Presenters are asked to use their personal computers for presentations. (Nevertheless, make sure you also have a back-up pdf of your presentation.) A computer may be available for presenters, only if requested sufficiently in advance. No overhead projector will be available.
- Before your session:
- Presenters are asked to be present in the room, introduce themselves to their session chair and make sure that the presentation devices work properly at least 15 minutes before the start of their session.
- Presentation content:
- Make sure to include sound examples when possible and to prepare a lively presentation.
- Specific technical requirements (e.g. need of computer for showing slides) should be asked to the conference organisation (via email) before September 24th 2012.